Plan of Salvation
Plan of Salvation
“For God so loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16).* You are part of that “whoever.” Therefore, if you have not acknowledged God’s Son, Jesus, as Lord of your life, perhaps, it’s time to do so. How do you know? There is a small voice inside of you telling you to “come and follow me.” Listen to it. That voice is Jesus. If you can’t hear it, join a study group and/or talk with a pastor to learn more about Him so that you will understand the need for Jesus as your Savior and Lord. Meanwhile, below are steps to help you know how to get to Jesus.
Here’s how it works:
- Understand that God created us to be like him. Ephesians 4:24 says, “Put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”
- Realize that our sins separated us from God. Isaiah 59:2 says, “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He will not hear.”
- Admit to God that you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.”
- Repent and turn away from your sin. Acts 3:19 says, “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.”
- Believe that Jesus is God’s Son and receive Him, God’s answer to salvation; God’s gift of forgiveness from sin. Acts 16:31 says they replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved—you and your household.”
- Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of your life. Romans 10:9 say, “If you declare with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
Are you ready to become a Christian? If so, say this prayer:
Lord Jesus, I understand that you created me to be just like you, but I confess to you that I have sinned and in you there is no sin at all. I separated myself from you. Lord, I am sorry for my sin and I pray that you will forgive me. I believe you died on the cross for my sins, rose from the dead, and that you are alive forevermore. I acknowledge you as my Lord and Savior right now and will live for you the rest of my life.
If you prayed this prayer, tell others about your experience, get in a Bible-believing church, and be baptized to show others you are a Christian. Attend church regularly, pray and study God’s Word every day.
To God be the Glory! Hallelujah!